a dance piece by Sayaka Akitsu produced by Dansateliers
In “A bite” Akitsu investigates a particular mélange of reality and imagination induced by chocolate intoxication.
The piece alternates between continuous everyday actions and the triply physical sensations that chocolate provokes in us. Each scene is like a tiny moment that melts in our mouths.
The piece evolves following a fragmental structure, stimulating the audience towards a peak of gutsy sensations.
Concept and choreography: Sayaka Akitsu
Created for and with: Artemis Lampiri and Alma Sua Lindenhovius
Music: Amon Tobin
Lighting design: Sayaka Akitsu
Duration of the piece: 18min
Produced by Dansateliers
Special thanks to Louis Dercon
- Japan tour (Made possible by the embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands)
- 11.02.2013 - Yokohama Dance Collection EX, Yokohama Japan
- 03.02.2013 - Fukuoka Dance Fringe festival, Fukuoka Japan
- 31.01.2013 - Flowing Karasuma, Kyoto Japan
- 20.01.2013 - Perfect Massin, Athens
- 23.10.2011 - One Night’s Dance, de gouvernestraat theatre Rotterdam
- 22.10.2011 - One Night’s Dance, de gouvernestraat theatre Rotterdam